Fire Damage is more than what gets burned
Fire damage can be devastating. The damage, however, is not limited to what burns. Smoke from a wildfire can cause damage to homes miles from the flames!
Smoke and soot can be very invasive and may penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, the professionals at SERVPRO of East Riverside will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage that is contained in your residence. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pre-testing. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Each situation involving smoke and fire damage is unique. This means that any solution must be tailored to the specific needs of each situation. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your home after fire and smoke damage.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? SERVPRO of East Riverside City is here to help 24/7 365 just call #951-222-2224