Home Fire Help
A house fire is one of the worst things that can happen to a homeowner. The fear, uncertainty and overwhelming feelings of helplessness can last long after the flames have been put out. SERVPRO is here to help.
When possible, our goal is to help you restore your home and belongings as if the fire had never even happened. This makes it so you can keep your memories instead of having to replace them.
If a fire ravages through your home or office do not risk doing any further damage by attempting to clean the damage by yourself. Your first call is to the heroes at the fire department; your second call should be to SERVPRO, the professional fire damage cleanup and restoration heroes!
In the mean time here are some things you can do to prevent further damage until help arrives.
What to do until Help Arrives:
- Limit movement in the home or fire damaged area to prevent soot from spreading and causing additional damage
- Place clean towels or old linens, if available, on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery
- Wipe any soot off chrome faucets, trim and appliances then protect these surfaces with petroleum jelly or oil
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet left behind after the flames were extinguished
- If electricity is off, empty the refrigerator and freezer completely and prop the doors open to help prevent odor
- If you have house plants wash, both sides of the leaves
- Change the HVAC filter but leave the system turned off until a trained professional can check the system
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery
- Do not clean any electrical equipment
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner as improper cleaning may cause a smokey odor to set in
Remember SERVPRO of East Riverside is available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. With industry-approved training, IICRC certification, cutting-edge technology and open communication, our crew is ready to restore not only your home but your peace of mind as well.