What to do Until Help Arrives
Bio-hazard contaminants should be considered very dangerous as they can pose a serious health risk. Sewer backups and flood water are two common bio-hazard scenarios that can affect homes and businesses. SERVPRO Professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore this type of contamination.
After any bio-hazard or sewage contamination in your home or place of business, your primary focus should be safety. Remember the following:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities relating to the Bio-hazard that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other electrical appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Bio-hazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO Professionals are water damage restoration specialists and have specific training, expertise and equipment to safely remediate bio-hazard contaminants. Call on SERVPRO of East Riverside City for help! You can reach us at (951) 222-2224